What to Expect from CAPS:
What do we do? What do we offer?Individual and relational counseling services are offered to Mercer students on the Macon campus. Each session is 45-50 minutes long and you will meet with a counselor for initial assessment and treatment goal planning. Some students resolve their concerns in one session, while others may attend counseling on a regular basis for multiple weeks.
- Individual counseling provides students with a safe space to explore personal issues that can arise during their college experience such as:
|Suicidal or Homicidal Thoughts
|Difficulties with Self-Esteem or Self-Identity
|Grief and Loss
|Relationship Issues and/or Violence
|Body Image Issues
- Relational counseling is for couples, roommates, friends or family members who are interested in examining and strengthening their relationships with each other. One person must be an enrolled Mercer student.
- Consultation for faculty, staff, students or family members about the psychological issues that may present while interacting with students and how to assess and assist these students.
- Emergency Crisis Management Services for Mercer students
What to expect when you contact CAPS to make an appointment:If you wish to make an appointment, please call 478-301-2862. Appointments are scheduled as soon as possible based on availability and the student's schedule. Appointments are typically 45-50 minutes per session.
- If this is an emergency during our office hours, please contact our office to schedule an emergency triage appointment. These triage appointments are typically brief consultations with a counselor that will focus on safety and creating a plan for your next steps. This could include a follow up appointment with CAPS or connecting the student with additional campus or community resources.
- If this is an emergency after hours, please call MERPO 478-301-4357 or 911 for immediate assistance.