How does family stress impact your work as a student?
Family stress is listed among the five major stressors for college students. Being away from our families as well as family dynamics can be challenging. Depending on family circumstances individuals may experience elevate levels of anxiety, stress or depression which can make it challenging to focus, stay motivated or socialize.
Tips for managing family stressors while in college:
- Tips for Grieving College Students
- Tips for Overcoming Homesickness for International Students
- How College Changes the Parent-Child Relationship
- How to Talk to Your Parents About Getting Help
- Time to Talk: Talking to Your Parents
- Talking to Your Parents - or Other Adults
- Coping with Divorce in College
- How to Talk About Mental Health When Your Parents Don't "Believe" in Therapy